Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A few quick film reviews...



3.5/5

So pretty much since I heard Edward Norton was apart of this film and Tim Roth I'd had moist panties! Two of my favourites together, in a comic book film, couldn't get much better than that! I have to say, this film delivered for me, I quite enjoyed it. Edward Norton quite suited the role, Tim Roth was the stand out, I just loved him, he was and to quote his character Mr. Orange in Res Dogs "Super Cool". I can't help but wonder how this would have been if the cut was different, and the things Norton had put into the script had made it into the final product. I eagarly await the uncut version on DVD, bring it on!





2/5

As a kid I used to like this film, now having re-watched it as an adult and well after TDK, it is really and truly quite awful. Val Kilmer doesn't suit the role, Nicole Kidman is so out of place. Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee-Jones obviously have fun in their 1 dimensional roles, and Chris O'Donnell isn't bad. This is far too campy and silly, you can't take it seriously at all. While Burton's film were comical and campy, they had a certain appeal to them, but this just goes over the top and in a bad way. And yes it only got worse with Batman & Robin...




3/5

This was alright, it had a few laughs. Its hard for you to like Dennis (Simon Pegg) after what he does to his pregnant fiancee (Thandie Newton) on their wedding day. But you do eventually warm up to his character and enjoy the ride he's on. Stand out would definitely be Dylan Moran, who lets face it, bloody rules. Not a bad way to pass 90mins, if you are a fan of the actors involved. Funnily enough David Schwimmer (Ross from Friends) actually directed this, and doesn't do too bad.

No comments: