Monday, December 17, 2007

Eastern Promises



4.5/5


I finally got around to seeing this, and I really did love it, I do have to see it again though. This was quite an interesting film for Cronenberg, the whole Russian mob thing and all. Viggo was just simply amazing, and how he got through that infamous fight scene is beyond me! Naomi for me is never a let down, she was really good, *SPOILER* although that kiss at the end was forced. I didn't feel that their characters should have done that. *END SPOILER* Vincent Cassel, what a guy, perfectly cast as Kirill, such a good actor. The relationships that were formed in the film were interesting, and the revelations were as well, some I saw coming and some I didn't at all! Which is something I really like, I don't like seeing things coming a mile away and some things were quite the surprise. Cronenberg has crafted quite the film, another impressive film to add to his list! And of course another reason why he is one of my all time favourite film makers!

No comments: