Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Passion Of The Christ

The Passion Of The Christ

.5/5

I was watching a Family Guy episode and they mention this film in it. It got me thinking about it again, and I felt the need to write down my feelings about it.

Firstly I have to say I hated this film, I thought it was terrible. Nearly everyone was recommending this film to me, and how it changed them and moved them and how powerful it was. That despite how bloody it was, it truly was an amazing film ect ect ect you get the idea.

I really did not know what to expect, so I went in with mixed feelings. Watching it unfold, it was just terrible. Its about a man getting tortured for 2 hours, almost non stop for that entire time. That was it, basically. And Mr Gibson made it as brutal, gory and bloody as possible.

But why? Why did it have to be that way? I have no idea, personally I did not think it was neccessary at all. Not only that but there were other scenes that added things which were unnecessary and disgusting.

Visually it looks alright, but that is about it. The acting is very poor, along with everything else. The film is a complete mess, and whatever message Mr. Gibson wanted to send, well I think it also misses.

This is a terrible film, and my feelings are not based on the fact that I am not religious. That has nothing to do with it, as a film it is really terrible. Perhaps Mr. Gibson should have made one of the Saw films because that is where this level of gore belongs, or maybe an old 70s exploitation film.

No comments: