Saturday, October 20, 2007

Coffee and Cigarettes



4/5

I wasn't really sure what to expect going into this, a bunch of shorts put together over like 17 years or something. But it was actually quite surprising, some bits were done really well and quite hilarious and there were only maybe two segments I didn't really like (Renee being one of them). I have to say my favourites would have to be Roberto Benigni and Steven Wright, that segment should have been longer, classic stuff. Tom Waits and Iggy Pop was gold, loved that. Cate Blanchette's bit was spot on, she was excellent as herself lol and as her cousin. I loved the Alfred Molina and Steve Coogen bit, the longest one I think but so hilarious, so nicely done, it was perfect. The Bill Murry with RZA and GZA was pretty good too, very random, seemed most random especially with some things Bill Murray was saying which referred to a different segment. Not something I could easily recommend, but if you like your Jim Jarmusch this would be a must see.

"Very good, I don't understand nothing" - Benigni

No comments: