Thursday, October 18, 2007

Star Trek 2008

Oh yeah, I am excited for the next Star Trek movie! Going right back to the beginning, aparently this is supposed to be the very early days for the crew of the Enterprise. To be Directed by the man who gave us Lost, J.J. Abrams, it is certainly shaping up to be something different and something good. Sure we have characters we already know and love, but this has a new style and kick to it. I am welcoming it with open arms! They are set to start shooting next month!

Of course the first bit of casting news came earlier in the year that my slight obsession Zachary Quinto will be playing the role of Spock, made famous by Leonard Nimoy.



A cool bit of info, in his latest interview, Zachary said he had been fitted for the vulcan ears *squee* hehe.

More on the casting, we have Chris Pine who is basically cast as James T. Kirk, Karl Urban as Doctor 'Bone's McCoy, Zoe Saldana as Uhura, Anton Yelchin as Chekov, John Cho as Sulu, Simon Pegg (Yes Simon 'Shaun of the Dead' Pegg) as Scotty and Eric Bana to play Nero the villain. Some cast huh? The only weirdish ones are John Cho (He isn't Japanese) and Karl Urban, he doesn't really have the 'Bones' vibe, I hope he proves me wrong.

So cool, I can't wait, I'll be on the prowl for set photos and everything. Word is that Christopher Pike was going to be in this as well. For any TOS fans, you'll remember that Pike was in the original TOS pilot The Cage as the Enterprise Captain, played by the gorgeous Jeffrey Hunter (RIP).

This is totally one of my most anticipated films, I hope the late 2008 release doesn't get changed. Of course other films on my radar are The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Watchmen.

No comments: