Saturday, May 17, 2008

Iron Man

(Only taken me a week to actually write a small review)



4/5

What can I say about Iron Man? Well it is a great and fun film! It pretty much hits all the right spots, which isn't something a lot of comic book adaptions are known for. This one however I'm glad to report does it right. And seriously what a spot on job casting Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man, I mean he's probably the last person you'd expect to play a 'superhero' type, and yet he does it so well. This was meant for him, and he really I think has proven himself. Everyone else involved is good, I felt the characters of Pepper and Rhodes were underwritten, but Paltrow and Howard did what they could I liked them. Jeff Bridges really relished in playing Obadiah, he was really good. I think comic book fans and people not familiar with them will like this a lot, it has such a wide appeal, and it is actually good stuff.

No comments: