Monday, April 14, 2008

Higher Learning



4.5/5

I just love this movie, being one I used to watch early in my teens, it stuck with me since then and it was great to revisit. Pretty much the stand out is Michael Rapaport, as the young man who doesn't quit seem to fit in, or get along with anyone until the Aryans take him in. The stories that involve Omar Epps and Kristy Swanson are also good, and they both put in strong performances. Look out for Tyra Banks, who is actually pretty decent in this. I think the movie is known for the lesbian scene with Jennifer Connelly and Kristy Swanson lol and their characters actually have a really sweet relationship. All the themes for me rolled together pretty well, and are pretty important. Still quite relevant today as it was back in 1995.

No comments: