Friday, March 7, 2008

The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters



4.5/5

Well I for one liked this quite alot, having played that bloody game for years and years, you know what its like to want to be the best. The film completely reminded me and intense rivalry I had with my mother (Well I don't think it'll end honestly) over the games we used to play like Mario Bros, Tetris ect... where if I got a high score she would sit there no matter how long it took and tried to beat the score. Then I would try and beat her score no matter what. The film just seriously brought all those memories back! But yeah in the film Billy came off terribly badly, so did a few others, but perhaps the reason is maybe that IS what they are actually like? Steve seemed like MAYBE he should have gotten his arse off that game a bit and actually like pay attention to his kids, whether that was the case all the time I don't know but that is how it seemed. It actually really sucks you right into the drama of it all and then you like finish the film and remember it was all about a damn game. Again brings back those memories, being obsessed over a damn game and you know just how they feel. I'd like to read more about it all, as I did find it rather interesting, and going to one of those tournaments would be quite the thing to see actually! It was highly enjoyable, gotta love being such a nerd/geek/dork!

No comments: