Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dancing At The Blue Iguana



4/5

The improv strip club movie, with Daryl Hannah, Jennifer Tilly and Sandra Oh. I first saw this on Foxtel, and I really liked it but at that time I had no idea it was a film that the actors improvised. Watching it again knowing that, I didn't really think you could tell, it actually rolls together really well, the characters they created are all a little messed up and quite sad. You can see the sadness in their eyes, props to the ladies for some really good performances. Especially Sandra Oh, I thought she was really good here, and you could tell she put alot of effort into her character. Her strip/dance to Porcelian is really quite sad and she puts it across so well. Daryl Hannahs character is so clueless, but she does it in such a way, she's cute. She also put alot into her character, it shows. Jennifer Tilly who I always enjoy is a crazy bitch, and she does it well. There are some really funny and weird scenes, like the pregnancy test part. When I'm ready I'll have to watch Daryl Hannahs doco, which is included on the DVD (The R4 release I believe doesn't have any extras and you have to buy the doco on its own).

No comments: