Thursday, January 8, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5/5

Okay so it has taken me like a week and a half to actually gather my thoughts for this film. Firstly I have to say I completely fell in love with this film by the end credits. I thought it was just amazing, the story, the acting, the cinematography, the direction, it was all fantastic.

I really had no real idea what this was about, just that it had to do with the Hindi version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and how they believe the contestant cheated. It is so much more then that, it ends up telling the story of that contestant, Jamal and his life and how it actually relates to the questions. To give more away would spoil it, so I will shush up now. I must say the casting was genius, all the main characters were so good and they did a great job of actually finding actors that as they aged still looked like that character and could actually act.

Dev Patel was just great as Malik, his scenes on the actual show were really strong, I thought, as well as other scenes which I wont mention. Danny Boyle really puts on such a fantastic show, and really hits all the right spots, it really sucks you right in and doesn't let up. By the end I was just about wanting to scream at the screen for what I wanted to happen lol. And the ending credit sequence is fantastic, so make sure you stick around and watch it.

No comments: