Thursday, February 21, 2008

3:10 To Yuma

5/5

What a movie! I loved this! I expected to like it, but not totally fall in with it! Everything about this was great, I loved the story (Yes I know it was a remake), and I liked the way our two leads developed over the course of the film. Russell Crowe is amazing in his as Ben Wade, truely this has to be his best role (And coming off a strong performance in American Gangster), the man was gold! Speaking of gold, Christian Bale, the man can do no wrong, he's always excellent! This role was suited to him so well, and the chemistry between Bale and Crowe was spot on perfection. It would not have worked with other actors. Of course Ben Foster is a stand out, he's fantastic. Even in the worst of films he's great, and he made a supporting character quite the interesting one. Again if anyone else was in the role I don't think it would have worked. There are some great appearances in this too, I also really liked Alan Tudyk as the doctor and Logan Lerman as the son. The cinematogray is unreal, that is the only way I can describe it. It looked amazing and the score was just excellent, perfectly fitting. This movie is going on my list of favourites, it is fantastic.

No comments: