Monday, August 4, 2008

Don't Be Afraid of the Trailer

by: Super Marcey

It was some time last year I first heard about DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK, a remake of the made for TV 1973 film. This one coming from producer Guillermo del Toro and directed by new comer Troy Nixey. Things have been kind of quiet about this film, until Comic Con hit where the film had a panel, which you can read about here (cheers Jason Adams). I've had this on my radar since I first heard about the film. They did film this baby in my neck of the woods, after all.

Today IGN debuted the teaser trailer for the film, thank you very much. The trailer is an odd one, it shows almost nothing while adding some rather cool atmosphere. It certainly held my interest, however it doesn't exactly give away any plot points, and you wouldn't know it actually stars Katie Holmes. The film also stars my fellow Aussie Guy Pierce (not in the trailer) and by the looks of it some pretty creepy looking creatures.

The film in a nutshell: A young girl sent to live with her father and his new girlfriend discovers creatures in her new home who want to claim her as one of their own.

Check out the trailer (below), maybe with the lights off and get ready to be afraid of the dark (oh yeah see what I did there?). The film is set for release Jan 21st next year.




Source: IGN

SPILLED BLOOD: Katie sure knows how to make an impression in horror films, she did show us her 'Holmes' in THE GIFT.


No comments: