Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Ruins



3/5

Where to start with this? I'd heard this was really good, heard mostly positive things about it. I can see where that comes from, but personally I was pretty disappointed. I've never actually read the book, and I didn't really know what it was about. It has the kind of vibe Cabin Fever has, the isolation and paranoia, although I liked Cabin Fever a lot better then this. Basically four friends are in Mexico and get convinced to go see these ruins. Well yeah little do they know there is something about those ruins...and so it goes on. Seriously, the characters are soooo bloody stupid, I wanted to see them get what was coming to them, and you know what, you're not supposed to feel that way! Jena Malone's character was probably the most annoying and whiny! Urgh! Jonathan Tucker actually was pretty decent in this, and Shawn Ashmore did what he could, even with some questionable scenes. Laura Ramsey who I'd never heard of before was gorgeous, and played her part well. Overall I was rather disappointed but I can appreciate what they were trying to do, and I actually was bored or anything through this, it did actually keep my interest until the end.

No comments: